Facebook Google Plus RSS

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The FIFA World Cup

Yes, yes, I know it ended ten thousand years ago. (at least, that's how fast news goes by)

And I most definitely know I Totally Regret staying up to watch a BORING(but tense) final, causing me to lose sleep. Oh, and only getting average in Sejarah. Damn.

But such an important thing cannot be missed by this blog's committee. Oh yes, this blog has a committee, consisting of I, me and myself. And we voted to add it in, so what can I say?  :)

First of all, congratulations to Spain for winning the world cup, and for that octopus - Paul is the only octopus I found cute - for predicting correctly. Although I was supporting Netherlands. Because I didn't want Spain to win. Because... oh please shut the ******* mouth up; I have my reasons.

Even though The World Cup brings so much joy and celebration, there are reasons to worry. One is this:

"Oh come on come on Robert Green stop that ball.. what the...(speechless) How the HELL did you not get that ball, you idiot?! Oh wait, maybe it's the bookies."

That's what I mean. The bookies.

They take away the fun of the match, making it dictated by:

MONEY

It's not fair. Not fair to us, not fair to the other players who didn't take the bait, not fair to FIFA, not fair to everyone but themselves. And the stupid bookies.

Another problem:
"What... why is the office empty? Only 3 people?!" "Aiya boss, World Cup what."

I don't think I need to explain that.

Still, to give it credit, it's a fabulous show/game. Even though I don't follow football - who cares if Wayne Rooney has a leg that's going to explode - but watching it just pulls you deeper and deeper. And football is a nice game. No, Myself, you are not to argue. I'm sure you'll agree, Me. No, not me, Me. And Myself. You know, the committee?

P.S.: "Thanks a lot", Pn. Cock/ Ah Lim for setting exam on the day after the World Cup. I'm sure you did it on purpose. what, you want the pleasure of the World Cup taken from us. No way. I watched it, so there.


Terence Wang is "definitely not" applying that the above names are refering to two of the school admins. Oh no... that would be dangerous disrespectful.

No comments :