Facebook Google Plus RSS

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Special

Yes, yes, by the time you've read this, Father's Day would have been over. I haven't had time to write it, unfortunately.

But do read it, as this post contains an important message.

Have you noticed that people put more emphasis on Mother's Day than Father's Day? Yes, I know that's subjective and is highly arguable, but don't argue with me, because I'm in a bad mood I have proof.

 Turn on your TV and radio. Do you notice many ads about Father's Day? No? Then think back to before Mother's Day. Remember all those noisy ads about how much you should dine their restaurant or but their 'beautiful' Mother's Day cards? See what I mean?

Heck, even Christianity puts more emphasis on the mother! For those who are Christians, think. Do you hear about Joseph after the first few chapters of the Gospel? But Mother Mary becomes the Queen of Heaven! Not.. that I'm opposing God or anything... (prays fervently for forgiveness)


And I remember reading in my Form One Moral Textbook about a sentence from Hinduism saying that mothers are 1000 times more noble that fathers...

And Mother's Day comes before Father's day. There.

I'm not saying all this to spite mothers. I just want to try to remind the world that while we remember our mothers, let's not forget the father as well.


Happy (Belated) Father's Day to all dads.

No comments :