Facebook Google Plus RSS

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Curtains Closing

This is it.

In Transcendence, Part 3, we promised a final post to wrap things up here in Suburban KID. This is that post. In other words, this is our last post. Forever.

Terence

I must start off with an apology - I know that I also promised that this last post would come "shortly". As such, I know that I have kept you guys hanging for months on end, and I'm terribly sorry about it.

I guess that in itself is a symptom as to why it's time for SK to end; I - and the team as a collective - may not necessarily be busy all the time, but on the flip side we do not have the luxury to guarantee a stable form of commitment to this site. Sure, we could always post every other odd month when we squeeze out the time and the inspiration, but it simply isn't ideal in the slightest. And it would create some frustration for you, the reader, as well.

Furthermore, I have some ideas as to where I want to go for next. I loved that SK was, well, kind of a rojak mess, in that we could post anything and everything we wanted to, but it does mean it's hard to actually know which direction to steer towards. Personally, I want to do something more focused, something that I can tangibly improve over time, and hopefully something inspiring.

That is to say that SK hasn't improved, though. I'm very proud of what we were to accomplish here in terms of our quality, not just in writing but the entire production of a piece or a series. You can check it out for yourself: you could go all the way back to the very first post (I'd personally prefer you don't, for my sake) and compare it to the posts from the last two years. There is literally no comparison. We're not big and famous by any means, but I don't consider that a failing. For what was meant to be a personal blog, I'm happy with the standards we've managed to set and accomplish for ourselves.

This wouldn't be complete with my own rambling so...

Gregory

Hi everyone, it's been a while Matthew and myself are here in Terence's cramped bedroom (Editor: it's not my fault, I don't live there anymore), finally being able to meet up after all these years. About SK... it's been a nice avenue for me to expand my writing, so I'm grateful to this blog to scribble down my thoughts and grow as a writer. Terence also asked me to list some of my personal favourites of my own work, and I think it comes back to three pieces: The Casual Hermit, as well as Eye Contact and Sweet Dreams, both from the Oneiric Cognition series.

Matthew

To me, SK has alway been a comfortable platform for me to express my views, and to share personal stuff that I thought would be interesting. It's also rather special to me because it first introduced me to writing - I was never really that into it before I was invited to join the team. My favourite is definitely Pictureeeeee... it was so damn cringe though.

Terence

I'm someone that really doesn't handle goodbyes very well, but I'm okay with this. This is not an end; Suburban KID will live on, just frozen in time. A virtual capsule, if you will, of our experiences we've had, memories we've cherished, lessons we've learnt, and the thoughts we've shared.

On the more practical side of things, what this means for you is that SK will revert to the suburbankidmedia.blogspot.com (its original URL was actually terencewang101.blogspot.com, but I've snapped that up for my own personal blog). The domain suburban-kid.com will lapse on August 11th, 2016, and we consider that to be SK's symbolic last day as a publishing site, after which it becomes an archive.

And... that's it, really. It's been a crazy six-and-a-half years. Until the next adventure.

Whether you have been here from
the beginning,
the middle,
or near the end,
Suburban KID thanks you for your support



No comments :