Facebook Google Plus RSS

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Say Hi to Our New Writer

For a long time, I've said that I wanted Suburban KID to expand.

I didn't want to have only one person writing the articles; I felt it would be more enjoyable for Suburban KID to be a collaborative work - our mission statement, after all, is to showcase how teens can do quality writing, and writing that isn't limited to youngsters for reading.

This is the first step, and I am pleased to welcome Matthew Chiam to Suburban KID.





Yup, he's as hilarious as he portrays himself.

Matthew will be Suburban KID's second writer, and will write about things that interest him, as I do. We will also probably collaborate on posts in the future, maybe on of those big ones. I've known him for about...three years? Four? He's been great throughout.

While I welcome Matthew in, I regretfully say goodbye to another friend.

Siangling Tan, our resident designer, has left Suburban KID for personal reasons. Her contributions include the site's header, the 'SK' logo, and helping out during the "great relaunch". So it's needless to say that I'm sorry to see her go, not to mention the fact that I'll probably be hunting for another designer to help out soon.
Apparently not, she's still willing to be on the team! That makes three of us.

But this is how it goes, I guess, and another chapter opens at Suburban KID. As we leave the 40,000 view-mark long behind us, I look forward to even better things ahead.

No comments :