Facebook Google Plus RSS

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Day, Another Dawn

First off, the important stuff:

Happy New Year to all the readers/passers-by of Suburban KID from the blog committee! Thank you for the past two years-and-10-days of support!

Now, to the more...dreary stuff.

This will be the first new year that I'll spend alone. Okay, not alone, but not with the people I know and love. I'm hundreds of kilometres away from my family and friends, and the (mostly mainland Chinese) people around me I only know for a few days.

So while last year was a great one, this year would be...interesting, at the very least. Today, or rather yesterday, or rather last year, was already an awesome one, going out and touring a bit of Singapore with Jiawin and Emerlyn. Going near Marina Bay Sands was definitely a highlight, although sadly we couldn't stay behind and watch the countdown. The fireworks display was visible from my hostel, though.

What's in store for me in the months to come is very unknown. It'll be revealed, slowly but surely, good or bad. Will my previous fears become a reality? Or will I find, happily, that I've again fretted too much and be able to cope? In these few days, I've already gone through a lot, by being orientated with the other scholars by Trybe, meeting new friends from entirely different places, touring Singapore, rushing to meet schedules and more. Mostly good, but I'm reminded that this is merely a taste of what's to come, whether nice or less so.

Whatever the case, I'll take it as it is, and make the best of it. Joys, challenges, highs and lows, they're all coming, and all the better for it, for that's what made last year so great. And in this new and foreign environment, I expect the margin to be stretched even further. No resolutions, as usual - they're just not my thing - except doing the best I can, juts like every other year.


So here to another awesome year.

No comments :