Facebook Google Plus RSS

Monday, September 12, 2011

Not Trying Too Hard

Sometimes, it's best not to try TOO hard at something.

For the past few weeks(months?), I've been trying and trying to create a good-looking template for my blog. Now, that wouldn't have been hard at all, but the problem with me is that sometimes I insist too much on being...authentic.

This means that I automatically refused to "just" modify Blogger's given templates and do my own instead. Which was okay, until the background part.

It went downhill from there.

After that, my blog, which was previously using a downloaded template like it always had, was transformed into a pile of s***.

Today, coming home with a flu and a headache, I sat down and decided that I would just, and I quote, "create a good-looking blog, authenticity be damned." End quote.

And......it's quite okay, if I may say so myself.

But that wasn't that hard; I knew it from the start. What would be hard was keeping my blog's "official colours"-black and orange, while maintaining some credibility-not just lazily applying some template, but modifying it enough to make it stand out a little.

So, readers, what do you think?

No comments :