Facebook Google Plus RSS

Monday, April 26, 2010

No Sense of Instructions?

Some people have no sense of direction. But I'm different(again). Rather than giving me that, God has somehow gifted me with no 'sense of (written) instructions'.

And what do I mean by that?

You know those 'one-way' doors? The ones which(I suspect) have makers too lazy to make the doors open both ways so it can either pulled or pushed. Because of that stupid feature, these doors have to have a sign that says "push" or "pull".


Now, I'm not illiterate. But for reasons I don't understand, I will come to a 'one-way' door, read the sign that clearly says "Push", and...
You guessed it. Pull the door.

You probably will think "what's the deal, I do that too", but do you do that 80% of the time? Even when you look carefully at the sign before push/pulling?
Thought not.

Another example which I won't elaborate so much on is worksheet instructions.

Do not open?(Opens booklet)

Almost 70% of the time, if I don't stop and think, I would do the exact opposite of what the instructions on a worksheet tell me to do. Circle? I underline. Do in exercise book? I do on the paper. Choose the ones in red? i choose the ones in green. :P

This is getting almost as bad as having no sense of direction.

Disclaimer: Do I even need one for this?

No comments :