Facebook Google Plus RSS

Friday, October 7, 2011

We've Moved!

You heard that right.

The Suburban KID committee is proud to announce that Suburban KID, which used to be terencewang101.blogspot.com, has now the domain name www.suburbankid.tk, acquired from dot.tk.



Why The Change?
terencewang101.blogspot.com was a nice, personal ring to it, but ultimately, it's a blog and url lost in a flurry of other blogspot.com's. It was time to get my own.

Why Dot.tk?
It was free, and it had great url-forwarding(although I had to read up many tutorials to get it working...it was quite frustrating, but mainly because of myself). Enough said.

Blogger is Annoying
As of now, if you entered the original blog url (terencewang101.blogspot.com) into the address bar, there would several instances where Blogger would ask you whether you wanted to be redirected. (Of course you should click yes!) On my side, this issue has been resolved, but if you are still facing it, I can't help, unfortunately. Still, I would like to know if readers are still facing this issue, so email me, tweet me(@terencewang101), send me message on Facebook or Google+(yes, I'm everywhere), or just leave a comment here.

Where's Your Old Favicon?
Yet another issue I cannot resolve. Currently, the favicon or site logo you'll see next to the blog url or site name in your browser tab is Dot.tk's logo. I'm still working on this.

UPDATE: This issue has been resolved!! Am I a genius or what? :P

That's All.
I hope you all like or at least are okay with my new blog url, because the most important person to a blog, after the writer, are of course the readers. So give me your feedback! For me, it's a move for the better, as I've explained above.

Anyway, PMR's going to end soon, so if you've subscribed to my blog (thank you!) or added me to your feed reader (thanks!), you'll be hearing from me a lot in a few days. Be ready.

No comments :