Facebook Google Plus RSS

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Special

It's Mother's Day(again), and this year I decided to do something different.

I know I have been doing many "...Day Special"s, but then there have been many "Days" lately, no?

So here it is, dedicated to all mothers, particularly my mother.

Someone said to me:
"Why is your mother like this?
Why is so she strict all day?
Why does she scold you for all every mistake you make?
Why does she cut you short every time you try to explain yourself?
I've never seen a mum like this."
"True," I said.
"You've never seen a mum like this,
Who looks out for you every day,
Who makes sure you stay healthy,
Who cooks for you every day,
Who tries to help you in everything,
From homework to doing your project to arranging your transport.

You've never seen a mum,
Who protects you from the dangers of the world,
Who tries to make you a better person,
Even though it means scolding you sometimes.


You've never seen a mum,
Who tries to spend time with you even if she is busy,
Who tries to do everything for you so you can sleep well.
Most crucially,
You've never seen a mum that loves you so much.


No, you've NEVER, EVER seen a mother like this."


P.S. Don't worry dad, Father's Day is coming soon. :)

Disclaimer: This article cannot and should not be called sexist as the author is male.

No comments :